Existing Member?

running away Traveling south east asia, china, australia, new zealand and america. wherever the mood takes me!

saying good bye to galway!

IRELAND | Sunday, 21 September 2008 | Views [1294] | Comments [2]

i got 69'ed

i got 69'ed

well what can i say. well for one i'm leaving tomorrow to go to vietnam! i can't believe its here already. i've been looking forward to this what seems like forever. i'm excited, scared and anxious all at the same time. don't get me wrong all in a good way.

i'll tell you what has gotten me to here.

i finished work there last week. weird feeling for me, not leaving a store behind part cause i've done that enough over the last couple of years. but actually leaving dunnes stores! well done to me, pat on the back! but the girls there definately sent me off with a bang, with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and of course a bottle of vodka :) what do they think i like it or something?

then i had to say good bye to dublin! and what better way then heading out to the mercantile. ah sue! the nights we had in there and many more to come. KEEP IT WARM FOR ME. oh what fun and the craic. me i got abit hyper which isn't like me at all. i was told you could hear me laughing from the toilets! not sure if i believe it. ha ha and what better way to finish the night but going to the viper rooms to mix with the elite crowd there. ha ha felt right at home with all the weirdos. and to top it all off, yelling at trish across the road just to make sure she was alright before dashing off get some food and running to get the nitelink home before it went past 3 o clock or i would have had to wait a half an hour for the next one. so got home at a repectable time of half 3 trying not to wake up shauna my flat mate, though supposedly i didn't do a very good
job. abit of stumbling.

now moving home to galway just to go travelling, wasn't such an ordeal after all. although mom and dad will probably won't say that after they see the room. i'm not one for moving so kinda left everything till the last minute. and of course the famous question. you all packed? now if you didn't get what i just said about doing stuff last minute. i still can't say yes.

which brings me to the title- saying good bye to galway.

i couldn't have had a better night. thank you to everyone involved. to a wonderful dinner at home, to dara arriving and presueding mags to come out last minute which put us back 5 mins, cause really it was erin who took forever. so late starting, late to get into skeff. with a detour on route in the party capital number 21 (ah many a night of fun and debaucery there) but when we finally got to the skeff, ah what craic! and i got the photos to prove it. to trishs mini hen night ( oh i really got into the swing of that, with mini pink soft and fluffy things) to our dr phil moment outside the skeff with cork boy (said with a bad cork accent) and the night always has to be finished off with a hot chocolate in javas.

some thing to look forward to again when i get back home

Tags: galway, saying goodbye

 

Comments

1

you have to read the captions to the photos!

  glimmerwing Sep 21, 2008 9:25 PM

2

sounds like an amazing time your having, only wish we did it...

  dara Nov 27, 2008 10:04 AM

About glimmerwing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.