Existing Member?

Popular to Traditional

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [188] | Scholarship Entry

K-pop or Hallyu Wave is culture I want to share. I guess that it will be a lot of writers want to write about it, since its huge popularity these days. But, I still want to try.
I saw a lot of Hallyu Wave through internet, via movie, drama, music video, or others. There are many interesting points on it. First, it is popular culture which brings traditional. Second, it is popular culture which through a best preparation. Third, it is a culture which gains a lot of interest from the private sector, public sector or government, and citizen. They are cooperating to show what they have and produce, to let the world know that they can do it.
They bring their traditional culture in their popular. For what is that? Of course to promote it, so it can be famous and likeable along with popular. Since the consumer consume popular, they will like and consume traditional. Popular is produced and used to make traditional famous.
To make it realize, they prepare popular culture well. They trained people to do that culture. And now, it is loved by a lot of people and reaches the world. It should be thanks to the private sector. They are preparing, producing, and promoting culture, trough people who is known as K-Pop idols. Citizens show their support with share popular culture contents through internet. The government won’t lose. They promote culture with their own way. They release a lot of commercial campaigns to promote Korean cultures. Sometimes, they use K-Pop idol to make them more interesting. The three are cooperating to make a better South Korea. To make their country’s image go higher and better.
There’s one important thing that I can see. We have to love our own culture and country. So we can make a great cooperation, to have an independent and better country. But from that, I get a suspicious mind to. That they are doing some “soft imperialism” through culture, since they ever felt a bitter history about their culture when they were in imperialism.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About galuhindahb


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.