Existing Member?

Fleur Tonkin

Time Flies!

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 5 May 2012 | Views [461]

The British Museum

The British Museum

Wow, I'm really sorry I haven't written in so long - so many things have been happening and I've been so caught up that I haven't documented them! I will domy best to catch you up on all the things I've been doing (hopefully I will remember all the important things!).

Ok. So, after Inverness I went back to Edinburgh and stayed with my friends in Kinross for 2 weeks before moving to Chiswick to start work with my new family. I spent most of my time there getting into a fitness regime as part of Michelle Bridges 12 WBT weightloss challenge. I had one week where I did lots of walking (with Zac the Rhodesian Ridgeback), however the weather didn't allow that for too long, so I joined the local gym and started doing lots of classes like aerobics, body conditioning and 'legs, bums and tums'. I lost 6kg befor I went to London.


I went to London on Friday 5th May and moved into my new house with Cienwin and Dilip (the girls parents, who are Welsh and Sri Lankan respectively), Alyssa, 5 and Lauryn, 3 (the girls I look after) and their current Nanny, Kate (from New Zealand). It was a long weekend, so I had a few days to settle in to the area before my four day hand over with Kate. I joined a local gym (which Dilip and Kate both go to) called Roko which is amazing; it has a cafe, beautician, pool, spa, sauna, steam room, big gym area (with tv screens on most pieces of equipment), and a veritable smorgasboard of classes. I also got a new sim card for my phone, to enable data usage and had a hair cut. I had a bit of a browse along the high street (which is so long that it has 3 tube stations along it!)

Chiswick is a really nice area, with lots of parks, and is close to lots of public transport. It is a 15 min walk to the Gym (or a 5 min drive), 5 min walk to the nearest bus, which takes 10 minutes to get to the town centre or tube stations, and a 10 minute walk to the bus whcih takes me to Hammersmith or Westfield in 15 or 20 minutes.


At the moment I'm staying in the guest room on the 2nd floor, but when Kate leaves, I will be moving up to a nice, spacious room on the top floor, with an ensuite, and my own tv and sky box.

I spent Sunday and Monday at the British Museum (it took two days to see everything!) which was good. I have included some of my favourite photos (but I'm pretty sure I took at least 100!)

I'll write about my first week of work in the next entry to break things up a bit!

Tags: london., the british museum. chiswick

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.