Existing Member?

Fleur Tonkin

My Scottish Family :)

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 31 January 2012 | Views [524]

So I haven't done much over the past few days, but I have a job (sort of)! Susan (the friend I'm staying with) is having an operation tomorrow, so I will be filling the position of nurse maid to help her recover :)

It's funny how you can feel so at home when you're so far away from home if you're around the right sort of people. Susan is like my mum away from home, Ian is definitely is NOT like my Dad (who is a very one of a kind individual!) but more like an Uncle. The next door neighbours; Neil and Bernadette are like my Aunty Jocelyn and Uncle Phillip (who also happen to be our next door neighbours at home!), and their boys Max and Jai are as fond of football as my cousins Cameron and Isaac are about soccer and cricket. Susan's son and his wife Yvonne remind me of my other cousins and Susan's mum Rena is just like my Nanna; who likes to come over (and also lives just down the road) and have a chat to see how you are going :)


The other night I made brownies for dessert. They were delicious, so I've added the recipe below (and trust me, they are worth the approximate 2 hours of cardio you will need to do to work off a slice)!

Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients;

185 grams Unsalted Butter

185 grams (good quality) Dark Chocolate

85 grams Plain Flour

40 grams Cocoa

50 grams White Chocolate drops

50 grams Milk Chocolate drops

3 Eggs

250 grams Caster Sugar

Method:

1. Boil water in a saucepan, then melt the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl (sitting in the saucepan). Leave to cool.

2. Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees.

3. Mix eggs and sugar in a separate bowl with a whisk for about 3 minutes (or until light and fluffy). Fold in the chocolate/butter mixture.

4. Sift flour and cocoa and fold into mixture.

5. Pour into a greased, lined baking tray (approximately 20x30cm) and bake (on the middle rack of the oven) for 25-30 minutes or until shiny ontop and coming away from the edges slightly.

6. Allow to cool before cutting, and if you're feeling really decadent; serve with clotted cream!!

Enjoy :)

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.