Existing Member?

Fleur Tonkin

A Quiet Couple of Days

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 25 January 2012 | Views [460]

Hi All,

I haven't written for awhile - mostly because I haven't been doing much that I thought would be interesting! I am still not feeling better after a full course of antibiotics, so I went back to the Doctor today and he wrote me a script for some new ones - unfortunately it's a 15 minute walk from the Surgery to the Chemist and of course it started raining as soon as I walked outside so I got rather wet! On the bright side, the Doctors visit and script were free again, hopefully the meds will make me feel better this time around!


We had a pretty quiet weekend as poor Susan has been feeling unwell, but we watched a few movies (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo & The Devil Wears Prada) and did our nails (always makes me feel better!). I did a bit of baking, and Susan's son Steven, his wife Yvonne and their daughter (little Olivia) came to visit on Sunday and we all walked down to a local hotel for dinner. Unfortunately some of the dishes were a bit dodgy (with fish served still frozen in the middle and potatoes that tasted raw!) and had to be sent back, but my meal was nice and the company was good :) Susan has also managed to convert me into an avid fan of 'Dancing on Ice', so that makes Sundays fun too!

Mum sent me a nice letter today and a bangle for Susan and one for me (she has one too) to keep us linked (aww), it says 'Love...like you've never been hurt'. Gotta love Mums :)

Until Next Time,

F xox

Tags: the green hotel

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.