Existing Member?

The Journey makes i realize

Flying Journey at The Corner of Paris van Java

INDONESIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [255] | Scholarship Entry

Our mini truck—me and my father—surrounded the road which looked like a wedding tart. This road made us up and up till we could feel the clouds surrounded us. The air was so cool and you could hear that the silence was the loudest sound here.
We didn’t see any man or car on this road, there was only us and the cloud, cool air and silence. This journey was so boring for me, I thought that I ought to study in university instead of help my father sending a tree’s seeds to Rancabali. My family had no money to send me into university.
The silence just broke by our little chat till the road down and we could see one to two person who brought a hoe on their shoulder. Our country—Indonesia—is agricultural country but the irony is the farmers are the poorest people. It could be looked in our village Ciwidey, Bandung—Paris van Java.
After a half an hour, we found a hut which sold foods. We decided to fill our stomach before we feel to hungry and could not find food again. I see a very beautiful girl as old as me and has a black long hair like me who served us. She smiled to me might because she rare to see a girl buy foods in her hut, the majority buyer are a men who work with their truck.
We continued our journey and I could see a junior high school exist with nothing another building or house as neighbours. But I could see a lot of students walked out from that school. I felt sleepy and didn’t realize that i fell asleep.
When I opened my eyes, the scenery was still same. A trees surrounded us and the students walked on the edge. I asked to my father how long time I fell asleep, he answered it’s about a one hour. I see out of window’s car to see the students laughing each other and didn’t look tired.
Suddenly I felt guilty to my ownself because didn’t make an effort to get my idea to study in university, I judged myself too spoiled because I always imagine that if i study in university I must get a comfort facilities from my parents.
We arrived at the place that we had to go down a tree’s seeds, I help my father to did it. My father didn’t get anything from the buyer because he was just a sender not a seller. After toke a rest we decidet to go back home. We passed trough the same way as we went. The clouds made us like flying on this road and my idea is flying me to the university with the scholarship.
Now I always walk so far to go to university but one thing that I can do is smiling like the students in Rancabali.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About flyingjourney


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.