Existing Member?

Sun-Sand-Sea

The sound of the waves, the touch of the sand.

INDONESIA | Saturday, 10 May 2014 | Views [195] | Scholarship Entry

Me and my friends were spending our holiday in Bali, Indonesia. We planned everything, but we didn't plan where exactly we want to go. If you ever heard a quote saying that "The exciting moment of traveling is when you let the earth take you to somewhere", that's what we wanted.
We spent two days to go around Bali, visiting some cultural places, beaches, shops, bars, and hunting for unique foods. But after that, we wanted more than bali.
We decided to go to Lombok, an island near Bali (It takes 4 hours by Ferry boat). Such an awesome view around you when you go to Lombok using boat. Arriving there, we're in hurry to go to the hotel. We didn't want to miss the sunset view in Lombok. Since it was close to dark we arrived at the hotel, we went to Senggigi Beach directly. Luckily, it's near our hotel. And you know what guys? That was the most beautiful pink sunset I've ever seen. Can you imagine how beautiful the view is when the day was getting dark, there was a pink sunset above the blue ocean. Gorgeous!
Well I can say, God blessed our unplanned journey by showing us that amazing pink sunset.
The story is not over yet guys, thing that I want to tell you is about the next day.
My friends left me alone in Lombok. They decided to go to Gili Island in the next day. I refused to go, since I'm still curious about some beautiful beaches in Lombok. So the next day, I traveled around Lombok by myself looking for a hidden beach. It's Tanjung Aan Beach. It's far enough from my hotel. But capitalized with map, motorcycle, and courage, I decided to go and take any risks (It was my first time in Lombok). I didn't know why I want to go to Tanjung Aan Beach, I just feel like the sound of the waves was calling me.
The journey was not that beautiful. It took 3 hours driving with motorcycle (there are some places that rent motorcycle for tourist). It was not only that, there is a few signs on the road and my map was not that accurate. So, I had to use my instinct to decide which way to go. And in the middle of my journey, the heavy rains fell down. I felt so confused whether I should go back or keep moving on. I decided keep moving on. Once I got there, I could say nothing.
That difficult journey was paid off with an awesome view. What an exotic beach! Blue water, fresh air, and the warm touch of the sand. The sand is unique. It's more like pepper. Some people called this beach with Pepper Sand Beach. Love it!
It was a beautiful journey with much of loves and experiences.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About fajarsir


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.