Existing Member?

ExploreEurope

The Journey Itself

GERMANY | Wednesday, 23 April 2014 | Views [309] | Scholarship Entry

Somewhere in Germany, with the explosion of positive energy covered by my favorite music and sights I’ll probably never forget, I released myself to this freedom feeling. I really don’t know what time it was, or what city was next to visit scheduled for this car adventure of mine, or will I arrive before the sunset; from this perspective, I only remember that specific freedom feeling.

I took the car and spent six days driving to the Netherlands with my friends, burdened with useful information I found online, and then, in this tiny second, I forgot every single prepared travel suggestion. If I need to choose between an intuition and preparedness, I will always choose the first option.

Traveling has this power to inspire. It reminds you what the right way of spending your life should be, and what’s the point of decision we’re making daily for a period of at least a year ahead when in the meanwhile might happen a thousand new turnarounds.

In corporate daily routine we’re living, bombed with pictures, texts and music covers shaped to link good feeling with the market, people just forgot how to live their lives.

We’re limited by the amount of money that circles in the virtual world finances, which, after declining in certain industrial branches, usually auto-create economic crisis that hits the ones who are in the middle of that corporate routines. I’m not even sure that the creators know the precise way of functioning of these finances is. Or finances are functioning by auto-setting the conditions of functioning.

Do you remember how things were so easy when you were just a little child? Do you remember your goal was to reach the moon, to become a singer, to drive the fastest car in the world, ride a bike, or to think about the last episode of Superman or some other superhero? Do you remember you always wanted to know what is like to fly like a bird?

After reaching some specific age, someone concluded that you’re too grown up to think about the answers on these questions. It’s a complete nonsense.

That is why it’s good to escape from your everyday routines and to erase all your thoughts you have regarding the day that will arise in a moment. It will make you learn something different every second and it will inspire people to change a lot.

It was just so long ago I heard for the first time that we are usually focusing on the destination, and the entire meaning is, in fact, inside the journey itself.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About exploreeurope


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.