Existing Member?

Sweet Home Guatemala My experience volunteering and reporting in Antigua -Guatemala.

Epilogue: Hello

GUATEMALA | Sunday, 31 May 2009 | Views [846]

Today will be a day of airports and planes. First City of Guatemala, then Panama and finally Santiago of Chile. I try to turn it into a day of conclusions. I remember the kids and the classes, the stove, the interviews, all the people that I met and the city. Its true, I’m in love with Antigua, the place has a positive energy that I expect to take with me though it is in a small dose. Because of it I refuse to say good bye, because my trip has not ended. Not only because I must check and work with the material, but because I feel that since as rarely I was near to that called: "the essential thing", to what finally matters. Under all the speeches, the social contexts, the differences, finally a smile is the same everywhere. The smile of these children remains with me, I take them to myself and they will give me support when the worries of day after day seem to dominate everything. I see Santiago of Chile of dawn for the window of the plane, my body hurts for the flight hours and I am sleepy, anyway I descend to the airport with a smile. Hello.

Spanish:

Epilogo: Hello

Hoy será un día de aeropuertos y aviones. Primero Ciudad de Guatemala, luego Panamá y finalmente Santiago de Chile. Trato de convertirlo en un día de conclusiones. Me acuerdo de los niños y las clases, de la estufa, de las entrevistas, de todas las personas que conocí y de la ciudad, creo que es cierto, estoy enamorado de Antigua, el lugar tiene una carga positiva que espero llevar conmigo aunque sea en una pequeña dosis. Por eso me niego a decir adiós, porque para mi el viaje no ha terminado, no sólo porque debo llegar a revisar y procesar todo el material, sino porque siento que como pocas veces estuve cercano a eso que llaman lo esencial, a lo que finalmente vale la pena. Debajo de todos los discursos, de la carga social, de las diferencias, finalmente una sonrisa es la misma en todas partes. Las sonrisas de esos niños se quedan conmigo, me las llevo y me ayudarán a sostenerme cuando las preocupaciones del día a día parezcan dominarlo todo. Veo Santiago de Chile de madrugada por la ventanilla del avión, me duele el cuerpo por las horas de vuelo y tengo sueño, de todas maneras me bajo en el aeropuerto con una sonrisa. Hello.

About enrique_nunez_mussa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.