Existing Member?

Adventures on the Loose

Full of Adventure!

USA | Saturday, 8 August 2009 | Views [640]

Lindsey picked me up from Denver, we spent a day in Cheyenne, and then hit the road on a 40 hour/1800 mile road trip across 5 states. Day 1 was crazy. It didn't start off that way though. It seemed like a normal road trip...stopping to tour The Old Pen (a jail) and watching Amtrak go by while walking around the ruins of a fort. Biking around Riverton while waiting for 5:30 to come so we could attend Mass. Then, as we continued driving towards Grand Teton National Park, our fast food chicken wasn't so fast, we got stuck in construction traffic, it was getting dark, and I'm pretty sure it dropped below freezing. Add to that the fact that the first two campsite we found were closed, the road was going to close at 10 PM, and the last possible campsite was somewhere out in the dark, dark woods far away from the car. Luckily, we got $100 off a room at a nearby lodge for the night. Unluckily, I dropped the bike rack on the trunk onto my head and ended up with a big knot, and Lindsey's bike got a flat tire. Oh, and the car wouldn't start in the morning. Sounds like we're off to an amazing road trip! Full of Adventure!

Tags: wy

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.