Existing Member?

100 Days Of Summer When your home country is covered in feet of snow and -20 is the average temperature everywhere it's important to flaunt that you aren't home! This blog documents my adventures through the Pacific and South East Asia as I enjoy exactly 100 Days of Summer.

I hopped off a plane at LAX with my dream and a cardigan

USA | Wednesday, 15 January 2014 | Views [665]

"It's a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and if you don't keep your feet there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkein (Gandalf)

Well stepping out my door I definitely got swept into an adventure, by my own choice though. Liz here, currently sitting in LAX. Things have already come so far considering how nervous I was this morning. Once I got through security and got some airport breakfast in me (banana, hard boiled egg, and a cheese slice. I swear I'm being healthy Mom) things looked brighter. It's been a long day of flights and airports as I flew from Toronto > Chicago > Los Angeles and next up Fiji! Definitely my best flying experience though. Probably because I've only had to do security once, never had to pick up my checked bag, and discovered liquid gel gravols! 

There isn't much else to say unless you want the details of the trailmix I'm eating (it's really quite good) but I expect you don't. So whether you're worried for my safety, or just eager to hear about my trip, here's my first post! Let the games begin, and may the odds of my luggage showing up be ever in my favour! 

 

Tags: adventure begins, canadian girls, chicago, fiji, layover, los angeles

 

About elizabethkfmurphy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.