Existing Member?

The Long Journey Home Mountains, rivers and lakes. Sun, sea and sand. Rain, ferns and Kiwis. Snow, ice and glaciers. Tramp, trail and road run. Adventure....

Torres del Paine National Park, Day Three

CHILE | Tuesday, 24 March 2015 | Views [282]

An earlier start this morning.  Again an early morning visit to the lake to see the sunrise over the mountains.  We walked in the shadow of the Pina Grande. and up in to the French Valley.  We saw cera cera falcons and a flock of parakeets. As some of the group were not as fit we left some behind, and Federico took them on to the next campsite while the rest of us did a few extra kms uphill to a lookout directly across from a galcier.  Here we were able to sit and watch avalanches which were occurring roughly every 20 minutes or so. The autumn colours were also very evident and attractive. Views back down to the lake were spectacular yet again.  The weather was again fantastic.  We then walked back along to two other lakes and eventually the next campsite at refugio pina grande. Again the porters had already set up our tents and all that we needed to do was take another hot shower, eat another three course dinner and drink a glass of red wine!  

Tags: galcier, hiking, lakes, mountains

 

About e_c_whittome


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.