Existing Member?

The Long Journey Home Mountains, rivers and lakes. Sun, sea and sand. Rain, ferns and Kiwis. Snow, ice and glaciers. Tramp, trail and road run. Adventure....

The Abel Tasman Track

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 12 January 2015 | Views [339]

Today I started the Abel Tasman Track, one of the great walks.  The weathe continues to be great. I walked from Marahau to Anchorage which was around 12km. I arrived around lunchtime at the Anchorage hut. After lunch i left the backpack and went exploring.

First I went out to the Pitt Head Lookout and walked the circuit around to the absolutely stunning Te Pukatea Bay. Afte rthis I went in the other direction and walked most of the hightide track out to Cleopatra's Pools.  I slipped over on a rock in the pool but didn't hurt myself, after dropping my phone which luckily didn't cause any harm.  I went down the natural waterslide which was good fun. Luckily I avoided injury.  

I returned to Anchorage bay and had a lovely swim.  Whilst drying on the beach I was befriended by ranger Steve who persuaded me to go for another swim and then to partake in his 'gym workout'.  I avoided his invitation to show me the glow worm cave. 

Tags: beach, swimming, walking

 

About e_c_whittome


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.