Existing Member?

make dream journey becomes the real journey

North Sulawesi, adventures beyond dreams

INDONESIA | Monday, 12 May 2014 | Views [167] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Neltin.I live in Luwuk,a small city in Central Sulawesi,Indonesia.I was born and grow in this city,but I have a dream to make a trip around the world,I wanna see all of the things that I just can see in book or internet.I think I can start from make a trip around Indonesia because we have many islands which have many cultures and wonderful places.So i decided to start it from Sulawesi.This is the unforgettable moments when I visited Manado,a wonderful island in North Sulawesi,Indonesia.I still remember the first time I landed in this island,all that I can see is beautiful sunset and sea.At the first day,I had a plan to visit Tomohon.It is a regency in Manado.It located along the highland.I can breathed fresh air and felt the winds blow mild on my skin.My main destination was Linow lake,I ever heard that sometimes that lake's colour change into green and yelow.When I entered to the location of that lake, I can smell like sulfur.Now I know why the colour always change.It has wonderful view,trees and green grass everywhere,then the yelow placid lake.What a wonderful creation.We can sit on the grass,in the edge of the lake,with a cup of hot chocolate and delicious traditional cookies.It is a right place for release our fatigue.Then I continue my trip to Bukit Kasih or we can call "Love Hill" in English translation.It located in Kanonang,about 50 kilometers from Manado.It is a religious tourism place.We can find some building that describe 5 religion in Indonesia.It has a meaning that Manado is a city that respect to any differences,especially about religion.It was build in 2002 and the wide is about 4 hectares.I had to climb thousands stairs to take a look around.So tired,but I got so much fun.We can find hot springs and boil egg or corn on it.It was a new things for me so I tried to do that,new experience.It almost 5 PM,so I decided to continue my trip tomorrow.
At the next day, I went to Bunaken national park.It is a marine park in Bunaken Island.Bunaken is one of Indonesia's most famous diving and snorkeling areas and it draws visitors from all over the world.It is about 45 to 60 minutes by boat from Manado.What a wonderful place.Unfortunately, I can't swim so I just enjoyed the park by the transparent boat.I spent a night there then back to Manado.It was a great journey and great experience for me,but I have to leave and back to my city.I hope I can get new experience next time in another wonderful places.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About dreamjourney


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.