Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Rhodes ::: Greece

GREECE | Tuesday, 29 June 2010 | Views [398] | Comments [1]

From Athens we head over to the island of Rhodes.  Athena father grew up here in Rhodes so we are going to go stay in her families house in the village in the center of the island.  We board a ferry around 6:30 for an overnight ride out to rhodes.  After having much fun on our ferry ride and sleeping in the hallway on the boat we arrive in Rhodes at 8am.  Her cousin picks us up and brings us to embona the village her dad grew up in...needless to say being a small village Athena is related to everyone.  So every day we hang with another relative and have coffee or food brought to us...it is so nice.  On day 3 here we rent a car so we can go explore the island.  We get our lil pandi (that is the name) and head to the beach for the day...after much sun athena and i go ride around to explore.  We find a monistary and some trails to work down...we get lost a bit...and let me tell you riding on these lil teeny tiny winding streets is crazy...we discover old building hallowed out trees...it was truly beautiful...on the way back to the village we stop to take pixs of the sunset mind you still on these tiny streets well we needed a good shot so athena puts me on her shoulders on the side of the road...not the smartest thing but we sure did get some good pixs...being in such a small village is so nice...however it is funny because all 3 of us have dreads and wow the villagers are in awe...we spend the next three days touring the island...going to old town...getting lost driving around...every day i mean EVERY we are called into one house or another to have coffee...i mean we can not walk down the street without being called in to say hello and when you do you are fed and must have some cafe...etc...i think i may get fat here if i was to stay...you go from one house to another always eating and drinking coffee...so i will be a wired fatty when i leave here...LOL...honestly it was truly a blessing feeling so loved and seeing the smiles on their faces when we stop...one cousin of athena is old school...Stamata (sp?)is her name...she dressing in the old school black and was so extremely happy to see us...she just cried and cried...the cutest lil ol woman i have seen...was so nice to see the generations past and present...now we head back to athens for the night then off to INDIA WOO HOO....TIL THEN NAMASTE'

Comments

1

Hi Sis - Hope the trip is going great - love reading these. Keep it up. Don't forget to get my shirts & skirts - I will pay you. I love you tons and miss you!!! xoxoxo

  Donna Wright Jul 12, 2010 12:24 AM

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.