Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

Returning to Cordoba after 3 months

PANAMA | Friday, 1 May 2009 | Views [753]

Doreen at Panama Canal on May 1, it was Labor Day in Latin America

Doreen at Panama Canal on May 1, it was Labor Day in Latin America

I returned to Cordoba on May 2, 2009, after being home for only three months.  I will be journaling about my daily life in Cordoba, Argentina.  My flight from Minnesota to Argentina was a long one this time.  I flew to Houston, Texas and stayed over night at a hotel, then I flew to Panama City and had a 7 hour layover, so I went to see the Panama Canal.  Surprisingly, its not as big as I thought it would be!  Its really not more impressive than the locks and dams we have in Minneapolis.  Well, I guess these are huge cruise ships and not just boats like we would have! Before arriving to Cordoba the flight attendants handed out a questionnaire asking us if we had any flu-like symptoms, the Swine Flu hasn't hit Argentina yet, so they are trying hard to keep it out.  However, two people filled out their form saying they had flu-like symptoms.  When we landed they detained us for more than 1-1/2 hours inside the plane deciding what to do with us.  Finally they decided to send those two people by ambulance to get tested at a hospital and then they let us off the plane. However, they got all of our current addresses and phone numbers in Cordoba in case they needed to contact us.  No news is good news, so I am assuming those two people tested negative.  At 6:00 AM I finally got out of customs, and Rolando, the poor thing, had been waiting for me for 3 hours at the airport. However, the godsend was my cell phone, therefore I could contact him and let him know what was going on.   I slept most of Saturday and didn't do much but eat good food on Sunday.  Of course, I had to have my favorite ice cream....COCONUT.  The ice cream is so creamy and delicious.  There is a ice cream shop on every corner here, they are called GRIDO, it would be like our Baskin Robbins.  They don't have Cold Stone Creameries yet, but that would be an excellent business idea!! 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.