Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

Christmas Eve (La Nochebuena)

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 25 December 2008 | Views [1567] | Comments [2]

Doreen and Lisette in front of their xmas tree

Doreen and Lisette in front of their xmas tree

Happy Holidays...Felices Fiestas!! I can´t believe that 2009 will be here in one week.  I wish everyone who is reading this a memorable and joyous New Year.  I know that for me, 2008 will be one of my most memorable!!  I went to the home of Miguel.  He is Gloria´s brother.  We arrived around 10:30 pm.  In latin america its the custom to start late and then stay until morning.  We ate around midnight and then afterwards the kids were lighting fireworks. Everyone in the neighborhood goes out into the street to watch the fireworks.  One thing I found interesting was a paper balloon that you light a wick inside it and the hot air lifts it up into the sky. There were hundreds of them in the sky at one time from all around the city.  It was very pretty to see, but can´t imagine that anything like this would be allowed in the US. 

The food was delicious.  Because its summer time here, the food that is prepared is not hot food, its cold food.  We had a huge variety of salads and cold meats that were just fantastic.  The weather was perfect too, the night was clear and it was around 78 degrees.  One thing that made it easier to be away from home during the holidays is that I feel very welcomed into their family, this has been a godsend. 

Comments

1

Linda B. sent me this cuz I don't receive it, nice pix. Is it going to be hard to come home to the cold cold weather. I bet not. It is sosososo cold. It was fun emailing with you, but I'm glad it will be face-to-face now. Let's not forget to PARTY on your return. Far-out.
Jayne

  jayne g. Jan 6, 2009 8:07 AM

2

hi

  kim Oct 28, 2010 7:19 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.