Existing Member?

Botswana & South Africa

Rainy Season

BOTSWANA | Saturday, 1 March 2014 | Views [365]

I woke up to the sound of rain drops and what I thought were pigeons but instead were monkeys. Rain, rain, rain! I definitely didn't want it to go away. After I ate the breakfast Ma Margaret prepared for me, I headed out for a walk. I had intended it to be a long walk, emergency raincoat unwrapped, headed to Riverwalk which turned out to be less than 10 min walk. First stop, book store -- Executive Books. I picked up a folk tale book and traditions book (both thin, easy to pack and carry). Found myself at the Equatorial Coffee Shop people watching, thinking, writing in my physical journal and reading a bit of The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran (parting gift from Serina, my last practicum supervisor). With free WiFi from the coffee shop, instragram and sent emails. Serina, My, Cin and Liz (as well as RK) were on my mind and as I read a passage from The Prophet on "Joy and Sorrow" and sent them pictures of that passage since it seemed apropo to the turmoils we've been dealing with regards to depression, anxiety, frustration, ya know, the school and life stuff. I was feeling good and present sitting at the coffee shop. Yet, pangs of anxiety did creap in as I thought of tasks I need to complete for FGU. Determined to stay in the light, stay present, stay content a bit more, I watched people walk by, all shapes and sizes of all different ethnic/cultural/"racial" descent. Just another mall with just a bit more darker complexions around. So from leaving the guest house around 10:10 am, made it back around nearly 3pm. No agenda for the rest of the evening, back in my room, attempted a nap and just zoned out, mindlessly staring at the tele, with the sound of rain on/off in the background. That's all for the day. Doc had deadlines to meet and I had my mind to keep in tact. Hello March 1, 2014.

About domzworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.