Existing Member?

look out world here we come Here there everywhere wherever we shall roam you can join us.

TALL SHIPS ON PORT PHILLIP BAY

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 15 September 2013 | Views [764]

Sunday September 15th 2013

 

What better way to start the day than with the sun streaming through the windows and knowing we were going to see the Tall Ships.


http://www.melbournetallships2013.yachting.org.au/

Living on the Mornington Peninsula http://www.visitmorningtonpeninsula.org/ we are so lucky to have access to the most spectacular Port Phillip Bay.

Today was no exception, perfect blue skies, calm waters to show cast in all its glory, to all the tourist that were down to see the ships.

Our vantage spot was from Point Nepean National Park http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/point-nepean-national-park  joining the hundreds that had ascended on the park we made our way to the old Quarantine Station.

Built in 1852 it was the major place for quarantine purposes until 1979 with the closure in 1980. It has been used for various things over the years.

The site was used as the Army Office Cadet School and the School of Army Health.

Down on the beach we joined the crowds and found a spot to position the camera and then we waited until the first of five Tall Ships came into view.

With the Sorrento ferries, Cargo ships, Cruise ships and small pleasure craft all passing by, it truly was the most spectacular day.


Tags: #tallships

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.