Existing Member?

Rest * Explore * Give

Surfing 101

INDONESIA | Monday, 23 June 2014 | Views [278]

OMG! This was so much fun and so hard! For those of you on facebook...I posted a few pics. Not sure I'm addicted but enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat! The warm water of Bali makes it a little more palatable! Got picked up by my surf instructor on a motorcycle...no helmet, told to relax (I'm smiling as I write this and I was then too) as I was gripping for dear life. We were going the wrong way FAST on a one way street the entire 15 min drive to the surf shack with, I swear, thousand of cars and motorbikes coming at us. Am I in a video game?! Needless to say, the scary part of my surfing adventure was over by the time I got there!

Side note on traffic. Pedestrians don't have the right of way and if there is a traffice jam, which there usually is, the motorbikes drive on the sidewalk where said pedestrians need to get out of the way! And everyone is smiling and happy. Crazy and friendly. 

Click on the link below for pics...can't figure out how to load pictures on this blog! Grrr, technical frustrations are the story of my life! 

 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152123848822882.1073741828.555962881&type=1&l=47c6f784c4

 

 

 

 

About dellyson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.