Existing Member?

Thebiddleblog

Buenos Aires and Español!

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 9 March 2014 | Views [392]

The month of Febuary,  Buenos Aires!!

 

Hello fellow biddle followers!! How are you? Como estan one and all!!! When I last updated I was about to embark on my learning of this fine Spanish language and I was looking forward to a month in one place getting to know the (‘City of Buenos Aires!’) Well, it has been a fantastic month, and thanks to my host Estefy I have been introduced to the transport system of this crazy town with out getting lost or getting on the wrong train for a whole month!!! Well taught I feel!! So, the month has passed with being squashed into strangers armpits during rush hour (which seems to be at any time of the day except siesta time), experiencing the commute, learning verbs, meeting some lovely people on my course and of course practicing my new Spanish with Estefy and her very patient family and friends who have all been very kind listening to me attempt to speak the language!!! I have had such a great time and am by no means fluent but can express myself a bit more and understand some of what is being said to me as I go along!!! Ahora, necicito practicar mucho mucho!!!

 

Some interesting things to note about the city of Buenos Aires…..always wear sunglasses wherever you go, when people ask you for directions look interested, nod your head a lot and look pensive before explaining that I am not from here and sorry i can not help, wear flip flops everywhere even if it rains because any other shoes get soaked and at any given time of the day or night it is perfectly acceptable to go out for ice cream…..o and put sugar on potato based products….its what they do!!! The funniest thing is that every where you go in this city couples just make out everywhere…not like that in blighty…well maybe on a saturday night outside niche in aylesbury, I have witnessed not taken part!! Waiting for a train, kiss passionately…….. outside the supermarket, kiss passionately again….. walk down the street, stop for a fag…kiss like you’ve come back from a war unharmed…why not!!!! So funny, and no one bats an eye lid, not even the oldies give a shit!!! Fantastic!!! Dont worry, i'm being very british, no PDAs here!!!  I have laughed so much at some of the amazing differences between here and where I live and also discovered many similarities and basically love being here, really glad I came. 

 

I had to force myself to leave and boarded a plane bound for Peru and the inca trail and this is where I am now, Cuzco, in the mountains of Peru, its fing cold at night but beautiful!!! I am due on the Caminar del Inca on the 10th so just getting my thermals ready and resting before a five day hike into the hills, destination Machu Picchu. Photos to follow of my month in Buenos Aires, time flying too fast now!!!!! 

 

Next update will be post Peru, chau chicos and hope all are ok back in the UK and round the world (obviously my blog is just about to go global!!! ha ha ha!!!) Love you biddettes xxxxxx

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.