Existing Member?

Thebiddleblog

From beach to city!

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 8 January 2014 | Views [469]

Punta del Diablo to Buenos Aires via some rough water! 21st Dec to 6th Jan 2014!!!

 

 

First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL!! I am starting the new year with these resolutions……spend more time in the sun, do new things that make me feel happy, dont stress about time or how hot it is when waiting for a bus…just wait it will arrive!! Listen constantly to the music of Ana Carolina (Jamie Lyon you are my guru!!!) And these are all coming true so far this year!!!! 

 

I last sent a blog update following a relaxing and at the same time bone aching week on ‘Juan’ Waynes ranch in the north of Uruguay. Since then a couple of weeks have passed, Christmas and New Year have come and gone and I am now over a month into my trip!! Had a lovely few nights in Punta del Diablo on the southern coast of Uruguay, what a lovely place to while away the days, lovely hostel with great people and friends made, much english tea drank, much time spent on the beach and in the sea, one piss up for debs (who gave the Brazilians Jack Daniels….??!!!)  and galloping across the sands of the playa grande, what a rush!!! 

 

I finally dragged myself away from paradise and hiked up the country on buses towards Iguazzu falls Argentina. I spent a surprise couple of nights in a border town called Salto which was actually really peaceful and instead of getting annoyed that I was stuck in a town where nothing worked on a sunday, i relaxed and decided fate had a reason for this. Then my journey really began…tiny ‘ferry’ across the river from the largest looking port jetty, sat at a bus station for 7 hours eating only orios for my breakfast lunch and tea, paying 2 pesos for the grubby toilet (3 sheets of loo roll is all you are allowed at that price, there is actually an old hag on the door doling out your toilet roll allowance!!) , sweating any remaining body fat into the ground but passing the time on the very good wifi connection! Travelling, full of contradictions! Then I landed in the luxury bus experience that is Argentinas transport system….wow….leg room, ability to lye down, the seats are called arm chairs (and they are), 3 course dinner, little blanket and a pillow…..easy jet should learn!!! 

 

I rocked up in Puerto Iguazu (nearest town to the falls Argentina side) to see the spectacle which is Iguazzu falls. I stayed in a great hostel (Hostel Inn) with a pool, a party for new year and had a really fantastic time full of getting totally soaked, wandering round the national park trails, seeing furry little animals which had a tag on if they were too agressive and did a boat ride right under a part of the waterfalls. I saw the beginning and end of a rainbow, and i got to tell you....no pot of gold....we have been lied to!!! The most amazing part of the series of waterfalls was Garganta del Diablo or the Devil’s throat being the most impressive and loudest babbling brook I have ever seen  (everything has the devil in its name out here!!!!) I Met a great ‘travel guide’ for the 3 days who did all the Spanish speaking I could not and just had a really fantastic time, despite the fact that we found that almost everything (apart from the waterfalls) we wanted to do was closed….who cares, great times and its sunny outside lol!  I am now staying in Buenos Aires for a few days and feel that this is definitely the place to be.  Everyone should come to Latin America!!! 

 

Will send an update in a couple of weeks, really hope everyone at home or wherever you are had a great Christmas and New year and big love to all Biddle followers out there!!! xxxxx

 

Pictures to follow on FB xxxx

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.