Existing Member?

Travels

Quito - old town

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 15 August 2007 | Views [514]

We spent a fairly lazy enjoyable day wandering in Quito. Still not feeling 100% we took everything slowly while we acclimatised to the altitude and regained some energy.

We visited a gallery of religious art and nearby church of San Francisco which was beautiful, though still under renovations.

We again took the trolley to Mariscal to do some "jobs" which included buying and sending postcards, checking our emails and getting some batteries for my camera.

After an afternoon nap - we wandered in the old town. In search of the first of many unsuccessful attempts to find an open "Govinda's" vegetarian restaurant which was just closing as we got there.
We ended up in a small chicken shop with me eating an unsatisfying salad.

Ice cream has already became a "staple" feature of our diet and important source of vitamin c and calcuim. I am taking multivitamin tablets with fish oil and Glucosamine for my joints.

Wandering around we saw the unusual sight of a man with no nose. He was not a beggar, quite the opposite well dressed in business attire just going about his normal daily activities - but still an unusual sight.

 

 

 

Tags: relaxation

 

About dean_ian


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.