Existing Member?

ONE WAY TICKET

ONE WAY TICKET

COSTA RICA | Thursday, 30 July 2015 | Views [408] | Scholarship Entry

A One Way Ticket is not a thing, it is a way of life, a way of life that I have chosen to live.

We all grow up with big dreams: to climb mountains & sail seas. Too often we grow older and told these dreams are impractical and best left as dreams.

In the fall of 2013, I began taking my dreams back. I bought a couple cameras, placed all my possessions in a storage unit in L.A. and purchased a one way ticket to Costa Rica. I was set to embark on the adventure that would change my life and I was going to film the whole thing unassisted, and I did.

I have a strong technology, photography, and graphic design background, but still have so much to learn! I am hungry for the opportunity to learn from someone with more experience. I’ve certainly jumped into the water with both feet and now hoping this contest may help me acquire the finer techniques to swimming.

It only made sense to show you a sneak peak of the footage from my documentary One Way Ticket. Everything was shot, edited, and scored by me. It may not be an interview of someone else, but it certainly tells a compelling story of my journey. The footage is my constant reminder that anything is possible. I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you for your consideration to join the Colombia adventure!

Gratitude,
Dana

Skills: All major social media platforms. (twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)

Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Pro Tools

B.A. in Philosophy / Minor in Graphic Design from a top 50 University

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About dbbrewster


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.