Existing Member?

Flying South

The Final Countdown – 2 (Wednesday)

SOUTH AFRICA | Wednesday, 5 February 2014 | Views [298]

Today was another shopping day. I’ve been trying to pick up a Springboks rugby shirt while I’m here and up until today, every time I found one they didn’t have my size. This morning Amy and I went shopping. We started off at the African Market in Rosebank where I picked up some pressies to bring back with me for various peeps and then we headed to Sandtown to look for the Rugby jersey. This time they had my size so all is well at last. I picked up a couple of other bits and pieces I needed and now I can report that my list is complete so tomorrow, as my last full day here, can be spent as I please. Not quite sure what I’ll be doing yet but there are a few options on the table.

Meantime, this evening I took Deb and Amy out for a kind of farewell dinner. We’re busy tomorrow night so we slipped it in a day early. We went to Browns of Rivonia which is a fantastic little place. Although not the cheapest in town, the food is excellent. Their wine cellar is impressive to say the least and the ambiance of the place was wonderful. If you ever find yourself here you must try the duck and black cherry spring roll starter, it’s the best. We got back around 10 and Amy and Deb have both hit the sack. I must admit, once this is posted I won’t be far behind them.

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.