Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Where is Little India?

MALAYSIA | Friday, 15 January 2016 | Views [631]

Yesterday was my final full day here in Kuala Lumpur. It was a good day overall. I awoke a little later, and went to a bookstore in the train station to buy some used guides on the city. I also went to Little India, (I think). It looked like I was in Little India, which was two stops away on the light rail from my hostel, according to a map from the hostel. (about 1 mile or 2 away if I guessed). Yet the used Lonely Planet guide I purchased said the hostel was actually located in Little India. I think  Lonely Planet was wrong-because the place I went to near the train station actually looked like India, and I ate lunch at a good Indian restaurant.

 

Later on, I went to a camera store to buy a new used lens, and looked around at a different part of town. Then I went on another walking tour of the city. This tour was very interesting, I saw a part of Kuala Lumpur, called Kampang Baru-which provides a look at old wooded houses, that we're built in the early 1920's. I also learned about traditional dress, and went to traditional food markets, and a street with food stalls which was pretty good.  I  later went to an open-air restaurant on this street and had a big plate of different vegetables, rice, and fish and a bottle of water all for around $3.00. Later on I had a desert called Ice Kachang I believe with all types of fruit.

 

Later on I went back to the hostel and to bed.

Tags: kuala lumpur, malaysia

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.