Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

More Kracking in Krakow

POLAND | Monday, 3 August 2015 | Views [454]

Yesterday for my second day in Krakow I did two additional walking tours.

 

The first walking tour was the Jewish Quarter walking tour. I saw the various synagogues built over a period of centuries, and learned how at first the Jews we're welcome to Krakow after being turned away from other parts of Europe, and how they built a vibrant community, which fell apart after World War 2.  We also saw the Jewish Ghetto, where Jews we're directed during the Holocaust.   It was quite interesting, and the tour guide had some keen insights into the war.

 


After the tour, I went back to the hostel and had a nap. Then I went on a photographic tour of old Krakow. I saw different parts of the city that we're great photographic locations, and learned more about some parts.

 

Then I went and had a mediocre calzone at a pizza place.

 

It was a nice day, but I still miss the phone. It was a way to make calls to the outside world. There isn't much of a way anymore  without smartphones. There are few, if any, pay phones as we all know, and how do you call the US with them?    

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.