Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Baby-making Weather

PORTUGAL | Saturday, 30 May 2015 | Views [506] | Comments [1]

First of all, the weather here in Lisbon-there is no other way to say it, but awesome, perfect, etc. There we're two clouds in the sky all day-across the river. Maybe 3. Otherwise, it is just a blue cloudless sky. 86 degrees. No humidity. (I don't think-I didn't sweat at all). This isn't a nice summer day in Bath which I enjoyed a few days ago-where families are having picnics and playing ball in the park. This is just weather that is so beautiful it is sensual. The type where you don't want to blink your eyes because you will miss a millisecond of it.  The type where turned-on couples go inside only to make babies.

At night, while it cools down to maybe the low 70's, the city has an electric air to it. A light show was displayed on one of the monuments last night. All through the back steets, and alleys, there are resturants where vocalistis are singing to a guitar.  This is happening right by my hotel.

And this hotel is great-not for the Marriott-loving type,  as it is an old portuguese building. To enter, you have to ring a bell-there is no sign for it, and no elevator. A dark staircase, 2 stories tall, of steep stairs takes you to the hotel. The floors are old wood floors, and the ceilings are high. The furnigshings are either old, or not-that old buy falling apart. That is an OLD building.  And the halls like a maze, and mostly unlit at night-supposidly there are lights that are motion activated, but they don't always work. Of course, I share a bathroom-but that is fine, I'm used to that.

 

Comments

1

The kind of weather I would enjoy too with you David !! xx

  Dany McLean Jun 1, 2015 4:12 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.