Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Londining away

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 25 May 2015 | Views [444]

Today I am off to Stonhendge. Yesterday I took the msot expensive train ride in my life-the 5 hour ride from Edinburgh to London-the original fare wasn't too bad, about $75 US-as this is a long train ride-but I had to pay an additional $200-why you  mgiht ask??? Because a rail ticket in the UK comes in 2 parts-a reservation ticket that says "Valid only with ticket", and a ticket part that says "Valid only with reservation", and I lost one of these parts.  I felt like an idiiot and I am trying to budget for the long hall, and the conductor made me buy a new ticket.  It was a long train ride. (And the worst part about this is that on the other  long train ride I took in the UK-from Liverpool to Edinburgh-the conductor didn't even check for tickets)

Anyway, while I am happy to be wear it is warmer, and I can wear my Hawaiian shirt (and I did), and no socks, and put my Scottish Ski cap away,I have been to London 3 times before (1st time, 12 years ago or so-my first European trip, 2 time 10 years ago with school, 3 time-7  years ago on the Carnival Splendor to Northern Europe)-so While it is a great city, I am ready for different pastures-off to Stonehendge today.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.