Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Queen's Yacht Brittania

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 19 May 2015 | Views [314]

Yesterday, after checking into the hotel, I grabbed the hop-on hop-off bus and went to the Queen's Yacht Brittania. This is the yacht British Royalty utlized to travel around the world from 1954-1997.  It was a fascinating tour, showing where The Queen dined, the sleeping areas, as well as where the various parts of the crew ate and slept, from the officers to the lowest on the hierarchies. I learned that the highest officers often had to change thier uniforms up to 12 times a day, and the Queen's dining room, when set for visitors, was set up days before, as every detail was meticulously attended to, from the lining up of the silverwear, preperation of the food, etc. But after 1997 there was no royal yacht. What happened? Does the Queen fly now? Was it the budget? Maybe something smaller, where the officers only have to change their uniform 10 times a day or less might be in order?

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.