Existing Member?

the trip

Bridgeport and Bodie

USA | Sunday, 24 May 2009 | Views [558] | Comments [2]

This is all wild west stuff.

The little town bridgeport is in the middle of nowhere, but i had a really nice burger.

We followed a scetchy map some bloke drew us of how to find hot springs out there. Ranch's and open preries all around and lots of horses running about, drove out to the back end of beyond and pitched up for the night, we found the hot springs but i didnt bother going in, James did and he stank all night, lucky we had a spare tent for him.

Waking up was cold, really cold, we were up at 6 am and the mountains were beautiful in the sunrise with the snow all over them.

We got out to Bodie, its an old gold and silver mine that was home to around 8000 people at one point but was abandoned when they dried up.

Its now preserved and its so cool. It was known for its lawlessness, a sea of sin, sounds awesome, but there was at least a killing a day.

Leaving here we entered Navada, which means we went the wrong way, i was in the back so its james' navigation not mine. Got a picture anyway.

Caught a glimpse of lake Tahoe, was beautiful.

Comments

1

carry on doing the good job man, weldone!
you picture everything so well that feels like i am actually there!

  amir May 24, 2009 8:54 PM

2

How class does this trip sound!

Off to see the UK Chillis tonight, life doesnt get better, :)

  Steve Moore May 24, 2009 10:38 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.