Existing Member?

Dan and Kilee's Travels

Lovely Koh Mak

THAILAND | Sunday, 4 January 2009 | Views [523] | Comments [1]

Watching sunset from our hotel beach

Watching sunset from our hotel beach

We left our island paradise of Koh Kood for another island (hoping for paradise again) -- Koh Mak.  This island is north of Koh Kood and much smaller.  At one time, Koh Mak didn't have any motorized vehicles. That has changed now but it is quite easy to get around the entire island in one day.

We boated to our resort - got settled only to rent another scooter and explore the island.  We started with the best Thai iced coffee I'd ever tasted - that got us going.  Upon some recommendation from our server, we headed to a few beaches around the island.  

Our last beach trip was to Buzios, Brazil and we both commented that it would be difficult to live up those beaches.  Well, I must admit that Thailand's beaches have surpassed.  They are clean, quaint, and plentiful.  Once again, we find ourselves saying that "These beaches will be difficult to match."   We know that we are lucky and blessed to experience both of these wonderful places. 

Touring the eastern coast, led us to a traditional Thai village - Definitely off the beaten path.  We saw how the dried the rubber that they stripped from the trees.  Rubber making is a very common trade on these islands.  We were actually looking for a "non-touristy" beach but couldn't seem to find it.  That's why it's non-touristy we decided. 

From there, we headed to the northern tip of the island to watch the sunset.  After battling with the many gravel roads and hills, we decided to abandon that idea.  The scooter just wasn't made for off-roading.

After all of that, we caught a beautiful sunset back at our hotel.  Very peaceful.  A swim in the gulf at sunset - what more can we ask for. 

We are currently sitting at a nice little restaurant within walking distance from our hotel.  Ordered all vegetarian tonight which we found is pretty difficult to do in Thailand. 

That's all for now.  Talk to you later.

Dan and Kilee

Comments

1

Amazing! The pictures and videos are endlessly beautiful! Stay safe and continue to enjoy yourselves!
Happy Travels!
Don't worry, there will be plenty of snow to go around when you return! ;)

  Charisse Jan 5, 2009 9:30 AM

About danweiler


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.