Existing Member?

Dan and Kilee's Travels

New Year's Day

USA | Thursday, 1 January 2009 | Views [461] | Comments [2]

Happy New Year from Thailand!

Happy New Year from Thailand!

I love this pic taken at our New Year's eve ~ hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!

We walked to our roadside stand for Singha beers then laid around in front of our bungalow and read, napped and relaxed.  (The most excitement on our shore was watching a tugboat beach a barge on the sandbar in front of our resort.)  

We took a dinghy to the beach across from us (Dan taught me the J-stroke when paddling) and ate at another little resort there - Peter Pan resort.  Primarily full of Chinese tourists, the resort is right next to the public beach, full of local Thai children enjoying the holiday.

Tomorrow we might kayak to the waterfall and get massages (who can resist 3 hours for only $55?) - but not making any commitments.  Ah, vacation... where our toughest decision is to nap or not...

Comments

1

Oh my goodness! In looking at your video - - does it get any better than that? The bungalow is just like in the movies - the massages, waterfalls, flowers, food - all a very memorable honeymoon! Have a wonderful rest of your trip!

Stay healthy! Love you tons!





  Mom K Jan 2, 2009 8:11 AM

2

You friends are having way too much fun --while we shiver in the cold and snow with all-time record snow for December in FM. Enjoy the heat, fun, and beauty for all of us.

G.

  Gary Litt Jan 2, 2009 8:28 AM

About danweiler


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.