Existing Member?

Dan & Shel abroad

Glasgow

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 4 August 2015 | Views [203]

Monday 27 July

It was a big driving day today. After saying our goodbyes to Holly and Nick, we hit the road towards the Lakes District. Unfortunately, the weather was very English - cold and wet! We visited the town of Windermere which sits on a lake, very beautiful. We drove around the lake but didn't brave the weather! For lunch we stopped off at Hawkesbury Brewery (a local brewery) where we tried our first scotch egg.

The rest of the day was spent driving to Glasgow. We checked into our lovely AirBnb in the evening and relaxed.

Tuesday 28 July

Armed with umbrellas and spray jackets, we tackled the Glaswegian weather for some sightseeing  (and reminiscing on my part!). We wandered around the Botanic Gardens - many impressive glasshouses with plants from all over the world. Next, we walked through the uni (very Harry Potter-esque with the cloisters and quads). It was then onto Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum via Kelvingrove Park.

For lunch we visited The Wee Curry Shop in Ashton Lane (a cute, cobbled lane with bars and restaurants in West End) for a famous Scottish curry and a red wine. After we explored the the city centre, we headed back to the apartment for some trip planning. 

 

About danshel


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.