Existing Member?

Daniella's Travels Hey guys, this is my travel journal, on all the places I have been to and the amazing things I have seen and experienced, enjoy!

Barcelona with my best friend

SPAIN | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [1404]

Wow, I can honestly say Barcelona is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. My best friend from university and I, took a 4 day girlie trip to Spain, after finishing our second year, all we wanted to do , was relax see some sights, shop and of course drink alcohol... and we did!

The Hotel, Husa Oriente

We stayed in the infamous Las Ramblas one of Barcelona's busiest tourist places to stay, It was the best location for what we wanted to do. We arrived late at night on Monday the 17th of June and the first thing we did was unpack, get changed and head straight out to some bars. In true UK spirit we ended up at a happy hour in an Irish Bar called Cheers, where it was 5 euro cocktails with a free shot. AMAZING! after a long night out, we grabbed food and headed to bed ready for the next day.

Our first full day, and of course, we took the city tour bus of Barcelona to see all the famous sights. It was amazing, we saw all works by Gaudi, including the Familia Sagrada, during the tour you are allowed to hop on and hop off at certain sights, which was very useful, as me and my friend are very different. She wanted to see the Olympic park and I wanted to see the rolling fountains at the museum of art.


That evening, we got all dressed up, and headed on to the Las Ramblas strip for tapas and cocktails. the weather was so hot and the scenery was stunning. I have had tapas before but in Las Vegas, which of course isn't as traditional, so when it came to having it properly from Spain I was more than excited.

On our second day, we decided to take a more relaxed approach, and do some shopping and visit the beach. It was very strange to see that even in a different country you could still go to a Topshop, H&M and Zara. After buying something from H&M we decided that everything else we buy had to be authentic Spanish. The shops were amazing, they were all in one sort of courtyard square, which was covered in fountains and beautiful flowers, I remember that on that day it was 32 degrees and all we wanted to do was swim in the fountains. There was cute little market stools laced with jewellery and huts filled with the usual tourist merchandise, magnets, jewellery, postcards etc., and then of course the major department stores which to my delight stocked MAC makeup! Heaven.

After a busy morning shopping we headed to the beach which was beautiful, the sand wasn't too rocky, and the sea was clear turquoise blue. we spent the afternoon sunbathing with ice creams and dozing under the sun. we took the scenic route back to the harbour and back to the hotel.

Barcelona Beach

Me in the square!

Our final night we decided to get dressed up, have food, go back to the Irish bar, get very drunk and find a club. We did all this and managed to make friends with two Australian girls, who we are now friends with and meeting in London this month. The club was amazing, because it played all of the usual songs that we know, like Jay Z, Beyoncé, Swedish House Mafia and Rihanna. which was great to dance along to, under the air-con sipping vodka and diet coke. Whilst being very drunk, we head to find some food and get back (noisily to the hotel).

Collage of the last night out!

Our last day, and we had done everything we wanted, so we went back to the harbour, watched the boats, and fish in the sea, where we discovered a huge shopping mall, with all shops like Forever 21, the kind of shop we love. We then had some lunch, and with our last few euros decided to go around on a tuk tuk back around the harbour and beach! It was so much fun but I felt so bad for the guy biking with us in 33 degree heat! HOT! By the time that was done, it was pretty much time to head to get our luggage and go to the airport, back to sunny England.

Tuk Tuk

The harbour

I would highly recommend Barcelona to everyone of all ages and size of friend group. It was very in budget to go, and even when there it wasn't too expensive to eat, drink of do the excursions. The weather was perfect and the sights were amazing, definitely unforgettable.

BARCELONA I LOVE YOU!

 

Tags: architecture, barcelona, beaches, besties, city, famous, friends, nightout, sights, sunset

About daniellastravels

The treasure Island hotel

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.