Existing Member?

Just Like WOW

CHIAPAS - San Cristobal de las casas

MEXICO | Saturday, 17 May 2008 | Views [1115]

Yesterday, the 15 of May we left Palenque and its ruins and Waterfalls to San Cristobal de las Casas.
We took the bus at 11H40... but of course we are in Mexico so... we left around 12H30. I don't know what's going on with all the bus driver in the world but every single one put the Clim at minus 128°C and each trip is a pain in the ass because of this fucking cold...
This was supposed to be a 5 to 6 hours trip but that was 100% mountain road and happenned what had to happen...
we heated a car and lost one of our rear-view mirror... The bus driver came down to run after the other car and came back only one hour later while we waited in the middle of the mountain without any information...
Anyway, we arrived in San Cristobal de las Casas around 18H30 and Daniel (the italian we met earlier) and ourselves took a cab and looked for a backpacker. We went in 3 different places and finally found the Posada México (orginal isn't it ?)a extremely welcome place whith breakfast included :) and a lot of grass and open areas.

At night we went out for a walk in the beautiful streets of San Cristobal and have dinner too... We met in the bar Revolution 2 other Italian and 2 French girls... we talked for a while about our respective trips and we found out that the 2 girls just came back from San Francisco... our next destination and they have a lot of contacts there in restaurants and so on... so that could be a good option for us to find a job !!

Today we went again to San Cristobal and we walked all around the streets and markets where we took a lot of pictures of the colour streets and people from here. We were amazed of the difference between people face and clothes here from Playa del Carmen.
Once again we'll let the pictures talk and get back to you for the next trip... which is probably the Canyon de Sumidero not far from San Cristobal...

P.S. You can now look in the part "Where I've been" on the main page of our blog to follow every places we've been, linked to our stories.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.