Existing Member?

Just Like WOW

CHIAPAS - Palenque Ruins and Agua Azul Waterfalls

MEXICO | Saturday, 17 May 2008 | Views [4588] | Comments [2]

What's up everyone !!?? We are really happy to meet you again trough these few lines !
We finally left Playa del Carmen after almlost 5 months there including 3 months working...

Yesterday we took the bus to Palenque, a town situated in the Chiapas state of Mexico. We spent the all night in the bus with this fucking fat woman snoring behind us during the all trip!! Anyway we arrived around 11am in Palenque where we first met this Italian Daniel we took a taxi with directly to a site called "The Panchan" where all the hippies, travellers and others squatt in the middle of the jungle.
We rent there a clean room to spend 2 nights to visit the 2 most important sites here, the Palenque Ruins and Agua Azul Waterfalls.

The first nights we went with Daniel to the local restaurant where we only ate a salad and drink water because we are in the middle of a party break after 5 unending months of drinks and parties in Playa del Carmen !!
We assisted a live show of Latin American Music mixed with bolivian influence... and we came back home early to have a great night and to wake up early the following morning.

Palenque Ruins
Wake up at 8H30, quick shower and going to the ruins in the local minivan called Collectivo for 10 pesos.
We spent 2 hours there admiring the huge work of the Mayas, incredible site that you can discover vewing our pictures... We let them speak...

Agua Azul
Straight after the Ruins we came back to the room and wait an hour for the next trip... Agua Azul.
We left around 12h30 to the site in another Collectivo drived by a crazy mexican as usual...
These guys can drive on montains road with 15 people in the van like locos... Nico (st aunes) if you read these lines I am sure this guy drives faster with his fucking van than you with your super Clio sport :))
Anyway we visited to different sites with waterfalls... that was just incredible to see those rivers in the middle of the jungle... it's really amazing... We had a swim there with some local kids and plaid with them to jump from a rope hung to a tree... You can see some pictures as well to give you an idea !!

Alright that's all for today, we have to leave tomorow to continue our trip to San Christobal de la casas where we gonna spend the next 2 days...
As soon as we have more infos... we keep you inform !!!

You can always follow our trip on the map.

Cheers everyone !

 

Comments

1

Trop fort les gonzs...

On a les mêmes photos, on a fait le même backpack, le même spectacle latino - bolivo ce que tu veux mais la chanteuse est française non?? on a fait les mêmes cascades, les mêmes ruines...

ringards les mecs... et franchement non, je dis pas ca parce que j'ai les nerfs et qu'a paris, ca craint du cul...

Bisous les loulous...
Nico

  Nicolas May 24, 2008 8:00 PM

2

Hi just wondering was it easy to get a collectivo to agua azul and back to panchan/palenque

  Oisin Mar 29, 2015 10:56 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.