Existing Member?

Clare's adventures

Our introduction to Japan

JAPAN | Tuesday, 29 July 2014 | Views [285]

Having initially been a bit nervous about going to Japan, as neither of us can speak or read Japanese, our introduction to Japan has been really heartwarming. 
 
The politeness and friendliness of the Japanese people and their kindness towards strangers such as ourselves has been truly special, going out of their way to help us buy train tickets, show us how restaurants work, and to understand what we are trying to say.
 
The daintiness of Japan is one of the many other endearing features of this country. 

Tea and meals are served in tiny, delicate dishes; shops are full of cute and exquisitely painted pottery ornaments of cats, rabbits and frogs; dogs are small, fluffy and immaculately groomed; colourful fans and frilly parasols abound on sunny days; shaped trees, artful waterfalls and pools of koi fish provide miniature versions of dramatic landscapes.

Japanese ladies are very beautiful and delicate in appearance. Some wear graceful kimonos, others wear feminine western-type clothes and the occasional teenager dresses completely wackily, for example as Bo Peep!

We are loving this beautiful and happy country!

 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.