Existing Member?

Solo Claire

Rio in Mellow Yellow

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 7 October 2008 | Views [843]

Wacky and me in Mellow Yellow

Wacky and me in Mellow Yellow

Moved into the hostel and was looking forward to actually talking to people! You get a free drink voucher so sat on my own and ate my dinner and had a Caipirinha - very, very bitter alcoholic lime drink.  There was a guy sitting on his own too and was going to go over to him but then he left. Felt like such a loser sitting by myself.  there were two girls chatting so decided to be brave and went over and asked could I sit with them.  Turned out they were from Galway.  There was a tablequiz on and there were a few fellas who joined our team. One of them was Waqar, a doctor from Tyrone over here practicing Brazilian jujitsu. Got on very well with him and ended up hanging round with him for the next few nights. He brought me to a churrascaria called Porcao where there is a massive buffet of seafood and salad. Then the waiters come around with chunks of meat and cut off as many slices as you want.  Probably best to experience if you hadn´t eaten properly for days but I had a crepe in the hostel before going so alas I didn´t get the full experience.  Was kinda worried at the start of my time in Rio that I wouldn´t fully enjoy myself travelling alone but am getting used to it now.

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.