Existing Member?

Old bygones to new beginnings..

Old bygones and new beginnings..

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 8 November 2011 | Views [558]

Photography for me is being able to immerse myself in a solitary moment and then preserve it to share with others to make their own interpretations and experience their own journey.

I’m Claire. Adventurous, motivated, a studious sponge with a little humour and a profound fascination of wildlife and culture. I’m an aspiring zoologist with a passion for capturing and preserving moments on film. I see a lens as a window of opportunity and aspire to pursue a career alongside my studies as a wildlife photographer. I believe the exchange of words and stories with someone enables them to imagine but a photograph is an impact allowing for deeper thought and curiosity.

Embarking on an adventure of self-discovery through South East Asia, the diversity of colour, culture, flavours and the people of Cambodia truly touched my heart.

I remember the brown sun-weathered skin of the people and the smell of the dirt and dust on the streets. I still see the bright eyes and smiles of the children selling their trinkets and reminisce the tranquility of the Angkor temples. While there I lost myself in the book ‘First They Killed My Father’ by Loung Ung which contextualised the horrific events of the Khmer Rouge regimen. To see the bones of those who had perished at the Killing Fields and the people who still bare the physical and emotional scars was overwhelming and deeply moving, yet the temples at Angkor mysterious and inspiring. Through photography I try and share the beauty that I see in a fleeting moment and hope to inspire and convey an understanding to those that see those images!

Though little experience, I have an enthusiastic strive to learn and hope to be mentored along a path leading to accomplish my goals at making my passion my profession!

Tags: angkor wat, cambodia, photography, photography scholarship 2011

About claire2951990


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.