Existing Member?

Christoph's Travelblog

Phase 1: Getting there...

MOZAMBIQUE | Thursday, 26 August 2010 | Views [409]

...COMPLETE!

The trip to Mocambique went without any problems :-)

I had some time in Lisbon and decided to spend the time in the city centre rather than wasting my time in the really uninspirational airport building!

What struck me the most  the minute I stepped out of the airport was how similar the architechture of many buildings in Lisbon was to the architechture in Maputo. Of course Lisbon was the much cleaner and well-held version but lacked the african charm which I absolutely adore about Maputo. The next thing I was fascinated by was the trams slowly climbing up and down the narrow, steep and winding streets in Lisbon. Unfortunately I didn't try them, as I was afraid that I would get lost (I had no map and only little time ;-)) The rest of my stay in Lisbon I spent playing the extreme tourist taking pictures of the biggest, most decorative, important or special looking buildings without having a clue what they were.. It was alot of fun and I got to test my new camera :-) (check out the pictures under the "Photos" link above) But one thing I know for sure is that I have to and will definetely visit Lisbon again, when I have more time!!

And now I'm back in lovely Maputo, sitting outside in my parents sunny frontgarden, wearing shorts and t-shirt eventhough it's winter. I've got to admit that it is quite chilly when the wind is blowing but then again this beats the pants of the Danish "summer-weather" this August :-P I haven't been doing anything overly exciting other than enjoying being here with my parents and my dogs and cat, shopping (which can be quite an adventure down here), helping my mom with the chores around the house, sleeping and walking the dogs.. but I wouldn't trade it for anything :-)

This weekend I'm going to Ponta d'Ouru south of Maputo. My parents are taking their Open Water I diving certificate and asked me if I wanted to come along.. why YES :-) So no updates until next week before I'm leaving for the real deal on Wednesday..:-)

Take care.

About christoph_j


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mozambique

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.