Existing Member?

Christoph's Travelblog

Some thoughts before leaving

DENMARK | Monday, 23 August 2010 | Views [469] | Comments [1]

I am writing this travel blog because I am pursuing my dream of traveling to East Africa with nothing else than a backpack strapped to my back for the next 5 months.

I have decided to do this trip alone, which undoubtedly both has major disadvantages as well as some great advantages. My biggest concern is that I will end up lonely meeting no people whatsoever, sort of like Tom Hanks in the movie "Cast away" talking to my Volleyball-friend Wilson on a random beach at the East-African coast.. but something tells me that this is not likely to happen! ;)

I have decided to focus solely on all the positive aspects of traveling alone, such as for one the amazing freedom I will be experiencing, not having to compromise with any decisions I make along the way. Even though I count my self as an optimist I am not naive, therefore I know that there will be hard times along the way which surely will testing my limits. In my opinion it is especially these negative experiences that will, in the end, be the most rewarding, showing me what I am capable of achieving on my own. :)

This trip is by far the most daring and exotic thing I have ever done and it's going to be UNBELIEVABLE!

I am leaving for Maputo first thing tomorrow morning. I will be spending the day in Lisbon and will get the late plane to Maputo. 

Thanks to whoever is reading this. I really appreciate knowing that there are people back home interested in where I am and what I am doing! I love you guys!

 

Comments

1

Wish you all the best on your colorful adventures! I know East Africa will embrace you and that you will have the time of your life!

  Kasper Aug 26, 2010 10:15 PM

About christoph_j


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.