Existing Member?

Six months abroad!

Chiang Mai hospital.

THAILAND | Monday, 4 April 2011 | Views [747] | Comments [1]

Hi everyone.

this will probably be my last post for a few months..

I have broken my right lower leg in 4 spots, my fibula once and my ankle 3 times.  **The fibula is the smaller bone and it is located on the outside of the lower leg.

we went to a party in Pai which is 3 1/2 hours away from Chiang Mai. This place we arrived at that day by a minibus which the road was incredibly winedy ( dad it makes the windey road on the trip to twmba through petrie like nothing!) 3 1/2 hours of windey &  some gravel roads...

we were to stay for a week. but that night at the 'jungle party' i fell down some stairs made out of earth and snapped my leg. I heard it snap too.

The ambulance were called. no one came. So I was put on the floor in the back of the ute taxi that was shipping people to and from this party. (about 7 kms) to the Pai hospital...

No one could help me there because I had to go back to Chiang Mai for surgery... SO ross got dropped back at the hotel and grabbed our bags and i was put in the back of the dodgiest ambulance i had ever seen.. One guy who couldnt speak a word of english drove me back through the windey, gravel roads to Chiang mai... With an hour left to go the pain killers wore off and my leg was left in this stupid splint made out of two bits of wood (picture in the gallery)... You could imagine...It was the worst pain ever and i could feel my bones separating even more!!!

we got to chiang mai and had to have xrays taken before any pain killers.. by this time it was like 4am. i was then put in the room at the Chiang Mai Ram Hospital which is private so i get my own nice room, with even a bed for ross to stay with me!!

That night around 4:30pm I went into surgery ( photos in gallery). seems to be doing well they say.. its just really swollen n bleeding.

In surgery i was given a spinal block... hectic. and woke up twice during the surgery... scary!!

Anyways. i have to go my leg aches/ i love you all and I will be fine. This is not the end of our trip just a major set back... should be back in Australia to recover and have rehabilitation in the next week or two.

Love Nell & Ross

By the way: I have the best boyfriend in the world, he has not left my side and is always there to lend a hand,. I love you ross xoxooxo

 

Comments

1

Iam so worried about you my darling girl. I hope the pain is under control for you. Everyone will be so happy when your home. And being looked after here love you som much Cate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  cate stanley Apr 5, 2011 3:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.