Existing Member?

Six months abroad!

Bangkok- Day 12 & 13!

THAILAND | Wednesday, 30 March 2011 | Views [440]

 

Our last two days in Bangkok were quiet,we were starting to get really over the pollution in Bangkok and over being hassled all the time by tuk-tuk drivers. We probably should have only stayed for a week and a half but it was great that we got to do absolutely everything we wanted to do!

On day 12 we took the boat across the river to the nearest shopping centre with a cinema- Central Pinklao- now when we Google mapped where we had to go we could walk there from the boat stop.1.7km... ahhhh it was definitely at least 4kms! Hahah

We went and saw 'Just go with it' it was such a good movie (with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston) and it was in English with Thai subtitles so that was even better!

Next day we went back to Siam where all the shopping centres are and bought heaps of yummy food for the train ride down to Chumphon.

They have these bakeries on the food level of Siam Paragon and they have the most incredible waffles that taste like brioche but have crunchy bits through it! So I got 4 of them hahahha!

We went to dinner at Hemlock on our last night and again had a great meal. Definitely the best restaurant we have been to since in Bangkok....

If you ever end up in Bangkok here are some tips that we wish we were told! hahahha

1. Never take a tuk tuk unless you dont care about being ripped off, and never accept a trip that is 10 baht cause they will stop at jewelry stores etc and get a commission.

2. Dont trust any Thai person who trys to befriend you or tells you a major sight is closed for a holiday.

3. Always have tissues on hand and a couple of baht spare as most toilets charge around 2baht per go and only have a spray gun to wash your bum.

4. Take taxis if you cant walk there and ask for the Meter on as you wont get ripped off, they have a 35baht starting price but it goes up in 2baht increments and is a fair price.

5. A week is more than enough time to see the best of the city.

6. The best way of getting around is to take the ferry boats. they only cost 14baht each way and you can get off anywhere and walk to the destination.

All in all we had a great time and I learnt so much about Thai culture from Bangkok- Krung Thep- The city of angels!

love Nell & Ross xx

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.