Existing Member?

Six months abroad!

Bangkok- Day 6!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 22 March 2011 | Views [578]

 

Finally!--- A nice place to have a decent breakfast! RICKYS COFFEE SHOP is my new favourite!I had banana French toast and Ross had poached eggs and bacon! Pity about the lack of air con cause it is now 40degrees by 10am, I swear 100% Humidity and no breeze anywhere!

It is so hot during the day it makes it hard for us to do much, (cause we get around so much by foot) so we decided to start planning our trip down to the islands at the internet cafe next door to where we are staying. We realised we had to get a pre purchased ticket from the Hua Lamphong central station (which is pretty far away) and the people at the desk at the hotel had a mate tuk tuk driver who they arranged for us to get to the station and back for 50Baht.... Now if something sounds to good to be true, It is! And you all know how unsure of tuk tuks we are already, so when the driver kept stopping every 10 metres to persist that he take us to a few stops to get some 'Real good Thai fashion' (They get commission from the fashion shops if we buy something) that was when Ross cracked the shits, threw him 20Baht and we got out.......

….................... So here we are in the middle of the day, 40 odd degrees, lost in Bangkok!

And we walked, and walked and walked. 40 Minutes later we got back to the hotel only to be asked by the concierge 'You get ticket?!' hahhahahaha well you can imagine how I was feeling but Ross kept reminding me- 'Its bad to show anger or angst towards Thai people Nell' (Yeah Ross after your performance with the tuk tuk driver! Ahhahaha

Anyway- The pool and a beer was most welcomed and a little kip cooled us down!

At 6 pm we headed for the suburb called Silom where Ross saw some dim sum advertised at a place called 'Lee's Kitchen' which is 13 stops away on the boat...

Silom is home to the Patphong markets and also the infamous Ping Pong shows where girls shoot Bananas, needles, birds and basically anything you can think of out of you know where........... Needless to say I wasn't impressed by this strip- where the girls stand out the front of these clubs with their pimps and the pimps pull out these cards with prices on them flash them in front of male passers-by and quickly pull them back when they see the persons girlfriend.

The markets were good though, it is full of fake TAG, Rolex etc. watches, handbags and even fake birkenstocks! We are going to come back to these markets on our stop over in Bangkok before we head to the UK to buy up big!

Well hope your all doing well!

Love you all lots

C & R

xoxo

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.