Existing Member?

Travels

Day 46 (8-19): Argentina Mendoza

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 19 August 2010 | Views [279]

- Covered 3/4 of the city center by foot. I got a city guide from the tourist center and found out that the streets/areas I covered were all part of the city tour (had I joined one) - I just walked a lot more.

- Still trying to adjust to Argentina's dinner schedule at 9 or 10 pm. Took a bus to Plaza Independencia and treated myself to a nice parrilla dinner. In Argentina, you need to be prepared to spend an hour or two for dinner. On my way, I saw more than one restaurant posting the following sign at the door `We only serve customers who are not in a rush for food. We are not a fast food restaurant, and our food does not come in cans. Our chefs need time to prepare your food.` Umm ... that was something else.

- Parties in Argentina do not start until 1 in the morning, but I was mighty tired by the time I was done with dinner (at 12:30 am). I guess bridge is one of the few things that can keep me going all night long, not parties or alcohol.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.