Existing Member?

Cédric's Around the World Adventures Je pars en Asie pour 3 mois visiter le Vietnam, la Thailande, la malaisie, l'indonesie, l'Australie et le Japon...Tout un programme.

Update from Singapour

SINGAPORE | Saturday, 6 December 2008 | Views [710] | Comments [1]

Hi All,

Here is a quick update on life in Singapour since my last post. I have gone back to a normal sleeping pattern although we've been going out a fair bit to celebrate the end of William's exams. Grocery shopping is more expensive than going to food stalls - they are organised in centres and it is possible to get a good meal for about 5 S$ ( = 2.5 Euros / 4 CHF) so we regularly eat there. I would never have gone there to eat if William had not told me about the strict inspections these places are goign through on a regular basis. Each place gets a grade from A (the cleanest) to C (the lowest allowed standard). Paradoxically, locals say that "C" graded stalls are those where the food is the tastiest. Not sure my stomach is ready for that. The variety is great : chinese, thai, korean, japanese... gotta like asian food though !

In the city, everyone is getting ready for Christmas and people from all around Asia come to have picture of them taken in front of the decorations. Singapour is also a great place to go shopping and malls are everywhere in Singapour. I would not be able to tell which ones I have been to - they are all so alike !

Flights, and hostels are booked for the beginning of the trip in Vietnam - I am looking forward to see a more authentic part of South East Asia and will of course keep you all updated !

Until next time :)


Cédric : Doing great and living the life !

Tags: christmas, food, lifestyle, shopping, singapour

Comments

1

Never thought they would celebrate christmas there... Glad to know you're having a good experience there.

  Manana Dec 10, 2008 4:25 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.