Existing Member?

The Big O.E An epic adventure across the world, backpacker style :)

Forgotten Octopussy

INDIA | Saturday, 17 March 2007 | Views [8058] | Comments [4]

The Indian Wedding

The Indian Wedding

Charging around the countryside as we have, the artisan haven of Udaipur seems to have gotten left behind... and we have broadband and photos online!

Labelled "The city of Love", Udaipur does possess the odd romantic location or two. Try the Island palace (home of Octopussy in the 1982 James Bond flick with rooms at over $3K per night), Monsoon Palace perched atop a nearby mountain with sweeping panoramas of the city (great spot for sunsets... and dirty monkeys), the lakes, largest palace in India, beautiful miniature paintings and rum induced "crazy henna".

Being the city of love, what better place to gate crash an Indian wedding! Talk about different... Arranged marriage of course, so the "happy couple" have only had one night together to talk and they are plonked in separate thrones on a stage for the night infront of all their family, friends, gate crashing tourists and anyone else who saunters by! Afterwards they do get to get to look forward to the "Golden Night" albiet with their relative stranger of a spouse. Great food and atmosphere for us though, and I got to wear some pimping traditional Rajsthan gears.

The photo is of us and the the bride and groom with the rest of our Intrepid group. Enjoy!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Nice outfit James..Love reading the adventures of James & Catherines intrepid journeys & looking forward to that curry dinner.

  Robin & Rosie Mar 18, 2007 7:46 AM

2

Where are the pointy curly shoes with bells on James? Commitment please! That's damn sexy anyways. Great you two are having such a great time (Jealous!!!) Look forward to bartering some Indian curries for 3 sq feet of prime London accommodation space in June =)

  Dave and Anita Mar 18, 2007 8:33 AM

3

Nice!!!!
Did you get to have a serious photo and funny one as well, like where you get to sit on the chaps lap James?

Keep us posted - had a good goat curry yet?

  sander and Cathryn and One Mar 18, 2007 2:41 PM

4

Kerr. James Kerr (Roger Moore has nothing on you!). Looking very dashing there Jimmy! Sounds like you guys are having an awesome trip - looking forward the next installment!

  Tokes Mar 19, 2007 7:35 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.