Existing Member?

Blogging Through My Bucket List Most travel is best of all in the anticipation or the remembering; the reality has more to do with losing your luggage. ~Regina Nadelson

Iguazu Falls: Day 2

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 29 March 2011 | Views [1626]

It could not have been more beautiful! Iguazu Falls, Argentina :)

It could not have been more beautiful! Iguazu Falls, Argentina :)

Day 2 in Iguazu and I’m finally going to see the falls! Rated in ANY guidebook as one of the top 10 waterfalls in the world and formerly in the running for the newly elected “modern 7 Wonders of the World,” Iguazu does not disappoint. In my opinion, Argentina has done an amazing job providing activities and excursions in the park without taking away from the natural beauty. With several kilometers of walkable paths (or you can elect to take a train,) you can cover most or all if you plan a day. 

Arriving at the park, we had to pay about USD$25.00 for a park pass. I admit I did complain a bit when I saw the cost for residents (8 pesos) as opposed to the cost for foreigners (90 pesos) and then I stepped back and appreciated the gesture. It goes without saying that if you can afford to travel to a foreign country, you can probably afford at $25.00 entrance fee to one of the most outstanding natural wonders in the world. For those who live in Argentina and it’s their good fortune to have it in their backyard, they should absolutely receive a discount! It would be ridiculous for those living so close to be unable to afford to go to a site on their own land. My little tantrum finished, we got into the park and were ready to explore. 

Even for the directionally challenged (mom, you’re still great) the park is easy to navigate. There are 2 main trails and one takes you to the upper falls while the lower is a circular walk and takes you down to the bottom. Of course we came to do both so after jaws dropped and I’m guessing over 2,000 photos snapped between us, we headed to the bottom half of the park where we were geared to take a boatride under the waterfalls!

 

The boatride costs a bit extra but if you go, I highly recommend it. You even get the bonus of the free shower that leaves you looking like this.

As for the falls themselves, I’m certainly not talented enough to do them justice. Hopefully a few pictures and seeing them yourself will make it easy to see why I definitely think this is a Must-Do in Argentina!

Tags: argentina, iguazu falls, travel

About caitiegoddard

Some of the littlest kids at Raising Up Hope!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.