Existing Member?

World Trip 2011

The start of part 2- The States

USA | Tuesday, 17 May 2011 | Views [413]

Anyone who has been to America knows that when you attempt to cross the border they are going to ask you a million questions, finger print you, photos and just generally shake you down. So i was just a little nervous heading into the border crossing. However, after only a minor shake down they let me in- without having to drop my pants. We drove south to check out the tulip fields at Mt Vernon which looked spectacular in the brochures, but unfortunately for us had been harvested the week before. Nothing spectacular about muddy fields. We met up with Danielle's family and drove down to Seattle where we stayed at the Hyatt. It has been nearly 8 years since i was last in Seattle and I am sure it wasn't this big and crowded. The city and surrounds are just jammed with traffic. Every road is full, even the freeways are at crawling pace for most of the day. We had some good weather so took a few photos around the downtown area and had a pleasant day at the zoo. Zoo's aren't really my thing as i can see just how depressed all the animals are. Being a surfer gives so much opportunity to experience animals in their natural environment, so it just seems cruel. Anyway, as the rain set in we said goodbye to Danielle's family and am heading south to Portland.  

About brettcooke

profile

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.